SMSTS course is endorsed by Build UK as the standard training for all supervisors working on Build UK sites.
Available Course Dates
Book for yourself or a group.
The process is easy:
You're not just getting the SMSTS Certificate, you will also be able to:
- Manage health and safety on site in accordance with current legislative requirements within the context of their management role
- Implement new guidance and industry best practice
- Undertake their duties and responsibilities with regards to health, safety, welfare and the environment.
- Monitor site activities effectively
- Recognise the importance of timely intervention when bad practice is identified.
SMSTS Course Overview
This Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) course is for project managers, site managers and supervisors, business owners and clients responsible for planning, organising, monitoring, controlling and administering groups of staff and workforce. SMSTS courses cover all relevant legislation and other aspects which affect safe working in the building, construction and civil engineering industries. You will gain an understanding of health, safety, welfare and environmental issues on construction sites.
- The Health and Safety at Work Act
- Construction Design and Management (CDM) Regulations
- Risk assessments/method statements
- Recent changes in accepted working practices
- Behavioural safety
- Management of occupational health
- Working at height
- Confined spaces.
Your course includes:
have worked with:
The SMSTS Course is provided by:
Experts at Construction & Plant Trainings and Compliance Trainings
All training and development (ATAD training) is an officially accredited course provider that holds safety training to the construction industry. Our flexible approach to training and wide number of courses means we can meet all your training and compliance needs. Our trainers go the extra mile by working evenings and weekends to make sure you get the training you need.
ATAD training offers many compliance courses including first aid, manual handling and fire safety. We make sure your health and safety policies are compliant, giving you a safe workplace and making sure your company is safety conscious, giving you the edge when tendering for contracts.
To make sure you’re safe on site we provide plant operations training for all machinery including dumpers, ride on rollers and excavators. We also offer funded training, NVQ’s, NRSWA streetworks, site manager SMSTS and site supervisor SSSTS courses. For more course information just give us a call and our team will be happy to help.